time or love
Ready to give? Need a little more convincing? Want to know where your money will go? Don’t have money but want to help? See below…
I am in, I want to donate now
Thank you, thank you, thank you!!! Your support honestly means so much to us, for while money isn’t everything, it does afford us the opportunity to discover and share even more stories about people, places and ideas that can inspire humanity to smile more.
To make a donation click on any of the donate buttons below and enter your amount. You can pay via PayPal or Credit Card.
I need a little more convincing
Right now you hold a unique opportunity and power to turn our incredibly bold vision into a reality. Why does it matter if adults smile as often as kids (remembering that right now most adults average less than 20 smiles a day, while children manage 400). We believe that through the fulfilment of such a vision we address all other issues; from poverty, war and climate change, to depression, anxiety and family breakdown, if we can inspire people to prioritize and value what makes them smile, not what makes them ‘successful’, then these things will largely disappear.
So please, take the next step in joining us in this rare opportunity to contribute to and discover just what will happen when people are confronted by a million smiling faces and the stories behind them. Personally, we hope it might just be the spark so many need to light that burning desire we all hold to live a happy, healthy existence.
I just want to know where my money will go
Well that’s simple. Our priorities are two-fold:
- We would like to raise a minimum of $500,000 to produce the final feature film. This is our highest priority, as we want to hire the very best producers, directors, cinematographers and editors, to ensure we create a film that truly takes the world by storm.
- To date all marketing, travel, equipment and website design and development has been paid for by founder Mike Worsman, which is fine, but if by chance there is left over, once we’ve raised the capital to get the film off the ground, we would spend any remaining funds on marketing the film and book, so that people anywhere and everywhere can be inspired to smile more. In the meantime we’re happy to keep working and paying our own way, so that you know that your money is going towards producing our final feature film.
I don’t have money, but want to do something
We understand not everyone has money lying around, but if you find yourself literally lying around wondering how you can get involved in a million smiles, here’s a wishlist we’ve created. The idea is, if you think you can help us tick off one of these items, please contact us, or alternatively simply go forth in secret and tell us when it is done #:)
- MEDIA AND PUBLICITY – We’re always after media and publicity, so if you have any friends or contacts in the media let them know about what we’re doing, and if possible put them in contact. It doesn’t matter where in the world it is, we can arrange an interview.
- CELEBRITIES – Get celebrities to donate their smiles or become ambassadors. Top of our hit list is Ellen, Oprah, Pharrell Williams, Usain Bolt, The Dalai Lama, The Pope, Tom Shadyac, Aung San Suu Kyi, Sayyid Mohammad Khātamī, Bill Gates, Prince William and Princess Kate, Mark Zuckerberg, Julian Assange, Jim Carey, Lady Gaga, Hung Huang, Aishwarya Rai, Enya, Matt Damon, Ricky Gervais, Beyonce, David Cameron. Feel free to tweet, email or post to these people asking them to ‘donate their smile to the world’.
- EXHIBITIONS – We’d love to hold exhibitions of our photos across the world, so if you’re interested in setting one up, or know someone in this business, please contact us.
- TEAM MEMBERS – If you know photographers, writers or film makers (producers, cinematographers, directors, editors) who might enjoy being part of a million smiles, let them know about what we’re doing. And remember, anyone can become a co-creator.
- BOOK PUBLISHER – We’d love to be put in contact with a book publisher, to begin organising the release of the a million smiles book.
- TALKS AND SCREENINGS – We’re always interested in opportunities to speak at and share our work with schools, universities, organisations and government departments that may benefit from hearing more about our journey. For instance we were invited to Skype with a class of 6-year-olds in Ireland about the importance of Grandparents, after the school screened this video about a truly beautiful grandmother.
- AWARD NOMINATIONS – We’re always happy to be nominated for awards, scholarships and other opportunities that can further our vision and mission, so feel free to. In fact we’re actually after someone who does this sort of thing for us on an ongoing basis, so if you’d love to help us ‘GO BIG’ then get in contact.
- SPONSORS – We’re always on the hunt for the latest equipment, so if you, your company or someone you know works in an area that may be willing to sponsor a million smiles through the donation of some equipment, in exchange for publicity then please put us in contact with them. We also spend a lot of time flying around gathering stories, so any sort of contact within an airline that may lead to sponsorship would be fantastic.
- FILM PEOPLE – If you, or someone you know, works in the film production or distribution please put them in contact with us.
- SPREAD THE MESSAGE – The easiest and best way to help us out is simply to upload your smile, tag friends and share posts.